1. What’s this blog all about?
Fashion history from ancient times to the modern era, but I mostly post examples from the 17th century to the 1920’s. Its main focus is Western women’s clothing, but I’ll deviate from this every great once in a while.
2. Can you answer a question I have about fashion history?
I’m not an expert but I’ll try my best! If your question is about fashion in the 1910’s or 20’s there’s a pretty good chance I’ll be able to answer it.
3. Do you take requests? Sure, as long as I feel like it’s something that fits with the blog’s theme. I might not take requests for non-Western fashion. (Requests are currently closed)
4. I see dates that are vague or missing on some of your posts, but I think I know what they are. Do you want to know?
Yes, tell me! I want Old Rags to be a good learning tool.
5. Can you tell me where to find sources for pictures/info/antiques/reproductions/ect?
Look here first. If you can’t find what you’re looking for there, I may or may not be able to help.